NetSafe is a unique online secure payment solution from HDFC Bank. The NetSafe offering involves generation of a virtual card number that you set up using your existing physical credit card or debit card. You can then use this virtual card number to shop online at any merchant website.
1. The actual credit/debit card number is never used in the online transactions. Therefore, there is no risk of the actual card number getting exposed during the online transaction or on the merchant website.
2. For debit cards* upto 5 virtual cards can be generated daily, on credit cards netsafe card can be created as per the below grid
|No of Netsafe cards per day||Maximum limit per Netsafe card|
|Infinite & Regalia credit card|
|Rest of the credit cards|
3. Infinite and Regalia credit cards issued prior to 25th Aug 2012 can create only 3 Netsafe card per day with limit of Rs.75,000 each card.
4. The NetSafe Card will be valid for maximum 48 hours.
5. The NetSafe Card can be used at any online merchant site that accepts Mastercard / Visa Cards, thereby providing secure online payment.
6. After the end of the validity period of the NetSafe Card, such unutilised amount will be credited back to your Credit/Debit Card account.
* This is subject to the Point of Sale(POS) limit per day, provided there is available balance in your savings/current account.
1. Your NetSafe Card is created online in real time for an amount decided by you and valid for maximum 48 hrs.
2. The NetSafe Card is an online, single transaction card. Therefore it cannot be used more than once, nor can it be used on a swiping machine.
3. On use of the Card the card expires, and can never be used again.
4. You will be the first and the only person to use the card.
5. As a matter of practice, you should create the card before the intended purchase, and use immediately at your chosen Merchant site. The plug-in that you can download from our website facilitates such unique card creation for ongoing online shopping transactions.
Yes. There is a simple process for registering for NetSafe. Log on to www.hdfcbank.com and click on the register now option under NetSafe on the screen. There after, follow the simple registration steps.
You need to register for the service through the HDFC Bank Website.
Yes, you can register all of your HDFC Bank Mastercard / Visa Credit and Debit Cards.
Go to www.hdfcbank.com and log in to NetSafe using your login ID and password. Now, choose the account (credit card or debit card ) from which you have to draw funds for creating the NetSafe Card. Click OK to generate the NetSafe Card. Alternatively, you can download a plug-in, which will reside on your computer. Clicking on the Plug-in will take you directly to the page for generating the NetSafe Card.
You can use your NetSafe Card at all the websites, which accept Visa / Mastercard cards as payment options.
Note: Avoid using your NetSafe card when
1. You will be required to present your actual plastic HDFC Bank Card to receive your purchase, e.g. for purchase of some airline and movie tickets - check each merchant's policy carefully before you purchase!
2. Card is to be used for recurring or installment payments
The amount gets debited at the time of creation of the NetSafe Card.
For a completely unused NetSafe card created from your Credit Card, the amount is credited back at end of validity period. For Netsafe cards created from your Debit Card, the amount will be credited back in 3 working days to the source account.In case the NetSafe Card was partially utilized, the balance amount gets credited to the source account within 7 days (for Netsafe Card created from Credit card) or at the end of 35 days (for Netsafe card created from Debit Card) from the date of transaction.
Login to NetSafe and choose All accounts/services. In that, select Card List, which will list down all the NetSafe Cards generated and live. Then choose the cards that need to be cancelled and click on Cancel Card
For Netsafe cards created from your Visa /Mastercard Debit Card, the amount will be credited back in 3 working days to the source account.
For Netsafe cards created from your Visa / Mastercard Credit Card, the amount is credited back at end of validity period.
All you need is an Internet connection and Internet Explorer browser version 5.0 or above. To find out if your browser is compatible, go to the "Help" menu in the upper right of your browser and select the "About" option. It should tell you what version is installed on your computer.
You can generate NetSafe Cards on any PC that has an Internet Connection and Internet Explorer browser version 5.0 or above.
Yes, at the time of Netsafe Card creation, this 3 digit code (CVV2 / CVC2 Value) will be generated and it should be used when prompted by a Merchant Site.
If you forget your password, you may reset your password (create a new password) after entering your Credit/debit card number, ATM PIN (or CVV2 and Date of birth for credit cards) and card expiry details.
Contact HDFC Bank immediately at your nearest customer call centre ( for Credit Cards ) and Phone Banking Centre ( for Debit Cards) and report the same.
You will be exposed to all the risks of online shopping, and your card could get misused.
No , this facility is currently being provided to you free of cost.
No, this card can be used only for making online payments at sites that accept the "VISA" or "Mastercard" range of cards.
Yes, this card can be used for mail order or telephone order purchases (subject to the card being used by the merchant at his end for completion of the transaction within the validity period of the card i.e within 24 hours from the time of Netsafe card creation)